|Fidelis et Verus|
|Faithful and True is Fidelis et Verus published by Children of Mary; PO Box 350333; Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33335-0333 USA--$10 subscribe per 10 issues. $1 per copy. .Issue 56.||September 12, 2001 A.D.Tel/fax 1-954-583-5108 E-mail: [email protected] Web: http://catholicbook.com Credit cards: M/C/,Visa, Am Exp, Discover/Novus.|
List of 125 Masonic Priests, Bishops, Cardinals in Vatican and Italy
Masonry undermines all religion. Numerous Popes have spoken and written about the great evils of this secretive and infiltrative organization which is similar to communism. In this article, we present our 1985 expose on Masonry and Freemasonry in an effort to alert the Faithful to a sobering fact: Masonry has entered the Church or as Pope Paul VI himself said, "The smoke of Satan has entered the Church." We make no claim to be the authors of the information below. Rather, we have collected it from books and other reliable sources, all of which we give credit to accordingly. The reader is free to draw his own conclusions.
We begin with an excerpt from Humanum Genus, Pope Leo XIII's Encyclical on Freemasonry;
"If other proofs are wanting, this fact would be sufficiently disclosed by the testimony of men well informed, of whom some at other times, and others again recently, have declared it to be true of the Freemasons that they especially desire to assail the Church with irreconcilable hostility and that they will never rest until they have destroyed whatever the supreme Pontiffs have established for the sake of religion.
"If those who are admitted as members are not commanded to abjure by any form of words the Catholic doctrines, this omission, so far from adverse to the designs of the Freemasons, is more useful for their purposes. First, in this way they easily deceive the simple-minded and the heedless, and can induce a far greater number to become members. Again, as all who offer themselves are received whatever may be their form of religion, they thereby teach the great error of this age---that a regard for religion should be held as an indifferent matter, and that all religions are alike. This manner of reasoning is calculated to bring about the ruin of all forms of religion, and especially of the Catholic religion, which, as it is the only one that is true, cannot, without great injustice, be regarded as merely equal to other religions."
Anne Catherine Emmerich (1774-1824), German Augustinian nun, stigmatist (bore the wounds of Christ), and miracle-worker, who subsisted entirely on water and Holy Communion for many years, received numerous visions of the future crisis in the Church and the infiltration of the Masons. In her visions, she describes men in aprons destroying the Church with a trowel. The Masons wear aprons and their symbol is the mason's trowel used to add cement to block walls, brick walls, or plaster walls and ceilings. The following excerpts are from page 565 of "Life of Anne Catherine Emmerich".No.338, 2 volumes $37.50. Shipping $3.
"I saw St. Peter's. A great crowd of men was trying to pull it down whilst others constantly built it up again. Lines connected these men, one with another and with others throughout the whole world. I was amazed at their perfect understanding.
"The demolishers, mostly apostates and members of different sects, broke off whole pieces and worked according to rules and instructions. They wore WHITE APRONS bound with blue riband. In them were pockets and they had TROWELS stuck in their belts. The costumes of the others were various.
"There were among the demolishers DISTINGUISHED MEN WEARING UNIFORMS AND CROSSES. They did not work themselves but they marked out on a wall with a TROWEL where and how it should be torn down. To my horror, I SAW AMONG THEM CATHOLIC PRIESTS.
Whenever the workmen did not know how to go on, they went to a certain one in their party. He had a large book which seemed to contain the whole plan of the building and the way to destroy it. They marked out exactly with a TROWEL the parts to be attacked, and they soon came down. They worked quietly and confidently, but slyly, furtively and warily. I saw the POPE PRAYING, SURROUNDED BY FALSE FRIENDS WHO OFTEN DID THE VERY OPPOSITE TO WHAT HE HAD ORDERED..."
The following is a list of Masonic prelates as reprinted in the July, 1976 Bulletin de L'Occident Chretien Nr. 12 (Directeur Pierre Fautrad a Fye- 72490 Bourg Le Roi. All of the men on this list, if they in fact be Masons, are excommunicated by Canon Law 2338. Each man's name is followed by his position, if known; the date he was initiated into Masonry; his code #; and his code name if known.
1. Albondi, Alberto. Bishop of Livorno, (Leghorn). Initiated 8-5-58; I.D. #7-2431.
2. Abrech, Pio. Sacred Congregation for Bishops. 11-27-67; #63-143.
3. Acquaviva, Sabino. Professor of Religion at the University of Padua, Italy. 12-03-69; #275-69.
4. Alessandro, Father Gottardi. Addressed as Doctor in Masonic meetings. President of Fratelli Maristi. 6-14-59.
5. Angelini, Fiorenzo. Bishop of Messene, Greece. 10-14-57; #14-005.
6. Argentieri, Benedetto. Patriarch to the Holy See. 3-11-70; #298-A.
7. Bea, Augustin Cardinal. Secretariat of State for Pope John XXIII and Pope Paul VI. Convert from Judaism..
8. Baggio, Sebastiano Cardinal. Head of the Sacred Congregation of Bishops. 8-14-57; #85-2640. Masonic code name "SEBA". He decides who will be appointed a Bishop worldwide. Now you know where Bishops such as Weakland of Milwaukee were chosen. Weakland is now demolishing his Cathedral interior in spite of Vatican warnings not to do so.
9. Balboni, Dante. Assistant to the Vatican Pontifical Commission for Biblical Studies which Cardinal Bea once headed. 7-23-68; #79-14. "BALDA."
10. Baldassarri, Salvatore. Bishop of Ravenna, Italy. 2-19-58; #4315-19. "BALSA".
11. Balducci, Ernesto. Religious sculpture artist. 5-16-66; #1452-3.
12. Basadonna, Ernesto. Prelate of Milan. 9-14-63; #9-243. "BASE".
13. Batelli, Guilio. Lay member of many scientific academies. 8-24-59; #29-A. "GIBA".
14. Bedeschi, Lorenzo. 2-19-59; 24-041. "BELO".
15. Belloli, Luigi. Rector of Seminary; Lombardy, Italy. 4-6-58; #22-04. "BELLU".
16. Belluchi, Cieto. Co-adjutor Bishop of Fermo, Italy. 6-14-68; #12-217.
17. Bettazzi, Luigi. Bishop of Ivera, Italy. 5-11-66; #1347-45. "LUBE".
18. Bianchi, Giovanni. 10-23-69; #2215-11. "BIGI".
19. Biffi, Franco Msgr. Rector of St. John Lateran Pontifical University. He is head of this university and controls what is being taught. The students come from all over the world. He heard the confessions of Pope Paul VI. 8-15-59. "BIFRA".
20. Bicarella, Mario. Prelate of Vicenza, italy. 9-23-64; #21-014. "BIMA".
21. Bonicelli, Gaetano. Bishop of Albano, Italy. 5-12-59: #63-1428. "BOGA".
22. Boretti, Giancarlo. 3-21-65; #0-241. "BORGI".
23. Bovone, Alberto. Substitute Secretary of the Sacred Office (Supposed to protect Catholic doctrine from change). 3-30-67; #254-3. "ALBO".
24. Brini, Mario. Archbishop. Secretary of Chinese, Oriental and pagans. Member of Pontifical Commission for Russia. Has control of rewriting Canon Law which was finished in 1983. 7-7-68; #15670. "MABRI".
25. Bugnini, Annibale. Archbishop. Wrote Novus Ordo Mass with help of 6 Protestant and 1 Jewish clergymen. Envoy to Iran after Paul VI discovered his masonic membership. 4-23-63; #1365-75. BUAN".
26. Buro, Michele. Bishop. Prelate of Pontifical Commission to Latin America. 3-21-69; #140-2. "BUMI".
27. Cacciavillan, Agostino Cardinal. Secretariat of State. Apostolic Delegate to United States in 1990's. Chose U.S. Bishops. Initiated into Masonry 11-6-60; Masonic ID #13-154.
28. Cameli, Umberto. Director of Office of Ecclesiastical Affairs for Italian government which is responsible for the education in Catholic doctrine of the nation,s public school students. 11-17-60; #9-1436.
29. Caprile, Giovanni. Director of Catholic Civil Affairs. 9-5-57; #21-014. "GICA".
30. Caputo, Giuseppe. 11-15-71; #6125-63. "GICAP".
31.Casaroli, Agostino Cardinal. Minister of foreign affairs. 9-28-57; #41-076. "CASA" Part of the Troika that ruled the Church from 1972-1978.with Giovanni Benelli and Jean Villot while they kept Paul VI drugged and put an Italian actor out as impersonating Pope Paul VI as detailed in the Shepherds Are Lost available free from us. Need postage. 40 page tabloid.
32. Cerruti, Flaminio. Chief of the Office of the University Studies Congregation. 4-2-60; #76-2154. "CEFLA".
33. Ciarrocchi, Mario. Bishop. 8-23-62; #123-A. "CIMA".
34. Chiavacci, Enrico. Professor of Moral Theology, Florence University. 7-2-70; #121-34. "CHIE".
35. Conte, Carmelo. 9-16-67; #43-096. "CONCA".
36. Csele, Alessandro. 3-25-60; #1354-09. "ALCSE".
37. Dadagio, Luigi. Papal Nuncio to Spain. Archbishop of Lero. 9-8-67; #43-B. "LUDA".
38. D'Antonio,Enzio. Archbishop of Trivento. 6-21-69; #214-53.
39. De Bous, Donato. Bishop. 6-24-68; #321-02. "DEBO".
40. Del Gallo Reoccagiovane, Luigi. Bishop.
41. Del Monte, Aldo. Bishop of Novara, Italy. 8-25-69; #32-012. "ADELMO".
42. Faltin, Danielle. 6-4-70; #9-1207. "FADA".
43. Ferraioli, Giuseppe. Member of Sacred Congregation for Public Affairs. 11-24-69; #004-125. "GIFE".
44. Franzoni, Giovanni. 3-2-65; #2246-47. "FRAGI".
45. Gemmiti, Vito. Sacred Congregation of Bishops. 3-25-68; #54-13. "VIGE".
46. Girardi, Giulio. 9-8-70; 1471-52. "GIG".
47. Fiorenzo, Angelinin. Bishop. Title of Commendator of the Holy Spirit, Vicar General of Roman Hospitals, Controller of hospital trust funds. Consecrated Bishop 7-19-56; Joined Masons 10-14-57.
48. Giustetti, Massimo. 4-12-70; #13-065. "GIUMA".
49. Gottardi, Alessandro. Procurator and Postulator General of Fratelli Maristi. Archbishop of Trent. 6-13-59; #2437-14. "ALGO".
50. Gozzini, Mario. 5-14-70; #31-11. "MAGO".
52. Grazinai, Carlo. Rector of the Vatican Minor Seminary. 7-23-61; #156-3. "GRACA".
53. Gregagnin, Antonio. Tribune of First Causes for Beatification. 10-19-67; #8-45. "GREA".
54. Gualdrini, Franco. Rector of Capranica. 5-22-61; #21-352. "GUFRA".
55. Ilari, Annibale. Abbot. 3-16-69; #43-86. "ILA".
56. Laghi, Pio Cardinal. Nuncio. Apostolic Delegate to Argentina and United States so chose many U.S. Bishops who are doing their destruction today such as Archbishop Weakland. Joined Masons 8-24-69. Masonic ID #0-538. Masonic name is "LAPI".
57. Lajolo, Giovanni. Member of Council of Public Affairs of the Church. 7-27-70; #21-1397. "LAGI".
58. Lanzoni, Angelo. Chief of the Office of Secretary of State. 9-24-56; #6-324. "LANA".
59. Levi, Virgilio (alias Levine),Monsignor. Assistant Director of Official Vatican Newspaper, L'Osservatore Romano. Also, manages Vatican worldwide radio station 7-4-58; #241-3. "VILE" is his masonic name. Fitting name don't you think?
60. Lozza, Lino. Chancellor of the Roman St. Thomas Aquinas Academy of the Catholic Religion. 7-23-69; #12-768. "LOLI"
61. Lienart, Achille Cardinal. Grand Master (top Mason). Bishop of Lille France. Recruits Masons. Was leader of forces at Vatican II Council that sought to change doctrines and practices of Church.
62. Macchi, Pasquale Cardinal. Pope Paul's Prelate of Honor and Private Secretary until he was excommunicated for heresy by Pope Paul VI. Was reinstated by Secretary of State Villot and made a Cardinal.4-23-58; #5463-2. "MAPA".
63. Mancini, Italo. Director of His Holiness. 3-18-68; #1551-142. "MANI".
64. Manfrini, Enrico. Lay consultor of Pontifical Commission of Sacred Art. 2-21-68; #968-C. "MANA".
65. Marchisano, Francesco. Prelate Honor of the Pope. Secretary, Congregation for Seminaries and University Studies. 2-4-61; #4536-3, "FRAMA".
Secretaries of any congregation are the heads of that body, thus, have great power to direct the congregation in a certain direction, the direction desired by the Masonic Order.
66. Marcinkus, Paul. American bodyguard for Imposter posing as Paul VI. From Cicero, Illinois. Stands 6'4". President of Institute for Training Religious. 8-21-67; #43-649. Called "GORILLA". Masonic code name "MARPA". Involved in Vatican Bank scandal and was found in the apartments of Pope John Paul I, a half hour after the Pope was found dead at 4:30 am. He did not live in the Vatican. Since Cardinal Jean Villot knew he had given poison in a wine glass to the Pope the previous evening, Marcinkus was probably called by Villot to take charge of the body. The body that was presented at the funeral mass for Pope John Paul I was that of the Italian actor who posed as Paul VI so it is not known what Villot did with the body of the real Pope.
67. Marsili, Salvatore. Abbot of the Order of St. Benedict at Finalpia near Modena, Italy. 7-2-63; #1278-49. "SALMA".
68. Mazza, Antonio. Titular Bishop of Velia. Secretary General of Holy Year, 1975. 4-14-71; #054-329. "MANU".
69. Mazzi, Valerio. Member of Council of Public Affairs of the Church. 10-13-66; #052-s. "MAVE".
70. Mazzoni, Pier Luigi. Congregation of Bishops. 9-14-59; #59-2. "PILUM'.
71. Maverna, Luigi, Bishop of Chiavari, Genoa, Italy. Assistant General of Italian Catholic Action. 6-3-68; #441-C. "LUMA".
72. Mensa, Albino. Archbishop of Vercelli, Piedmont, Italy. 7-23-59; #53-23. "MENA".
73. Messina, Carlo. 3-21-70; #21-045. "MECA".
74. Messina, Zanon (Adele). 9-25-68; #045-329. "AMEZ".
75. Monduzzi, Dino. Regent to the Prefect of the Pontifical House. 3-11-67; #190-2. "MONDI".
76. Mongillo, Daimazio. Dominican Professor of Moral theology, Holy Angels Institute of Rome. 2-16-69; #2145-22. "MONDA".
77. Morgante, Marcello. Bishop of Ascoli Piceno in East Italy. 7-22-55; #78-3601. "MORMA".
78. Natalini, Teuzo. Vice President of the Archives of Secretariat of the Vatican. 6-17-67; #21-44d. "NATE".
79. Nigro, Carmelo. Rector of the Pontifical Seminary of major studies. 12-21-70; #23-154. "CARNI".
80. Noe, Virgilio. Head of the Sacred Congregation of Divine Worship. He and Bugnini paid 6 Protestant Ministers and one Jewish rabbi to create the current Novus Ordo Mass offered in your local parish. Became a Mason 4-3-61; Masonic ID #43652-21. Masonic name is "VINO".
81. Palestra, Vittorie. He is legal counsel of the Sacred Rota of the Vatican State which is the Supreme Court of the Church. 5-4-43; #1965. "RAVI".
82. Pappalardo, Salvatore Cardinal. Archbishop of palermo, Sicily. 4-15-68; #234-07. "SALPA".
83. Pasqualetti, Gottardo. 6-15-60; #4-231. "COPA".
84. Pasquinelli, Dante. Papal nuncio to Madrid. 1-12-69; #32-124. "PADA".
85. Pellegrino, Michele Cardinal. Called the 'Protector of the Church". Archbishop of Torino (Turin)) where the Holy Shroud of Jesus is kept. 5-2-60; #352-36, "PALMI".
86. Piana, Giannino. 9-2-70; #314-52. "GIPI".
87. Pimpo, Mario. Vicar of Office of General Affairs. 3-15-70; #793-43. "PIMA".
88. Pinto, Monsignor Pio Vito. Attache of Secretary of State and Notare of Second Section of Supreme Tribunal and of Apostolic Signature. 4-2-70; #3317-42. "PIPIVI".
89. Poletti, Ugo Cardinal. Vicar of Diocese of Rome. Controlled clergy of Rome from 3-6-73 on. Member of Sacred Congregation of Sacraments and of Divine Worship. He is President of Pontifical Works and Preservation of the Faith. Also, President of the Liturgical Academy. 2-17-69; #32-1425. "UPO".
90. Rizzi, Monsignor Mario. Sacred Congregation of Oriental Rites. Listed as "Prelate Bishop of Honor of the Holy Father, the Pope." Works under top Mason Brini in rewriting Canon Law which was published in 1983. 9-16-69; #43179. "MARI". "MONMARI".
91. Romita, Florenzo. Was in Sacred Congregation of Clergy. 4-21-56; 52-142. "FIRO"
92. Rogger, Igine. Officer in Diocese of Rome. 4-16-68; #319-13. "IGRO".
93. Rossano, Pietro. Sacred Congregation of Non-Christian Religions. 2-12-68; 3421-A. "PIRO".
94. Rovela, Virgilio. 6-12-64; 32-14. "ROVI".
95. Sabbatani, Aurelio. Archbishop of Giustiniana, Italy. First Secretary Supreme Apostolic Signatura (High Court). 6-22-69; 87-43. "ASA".
96. Sacchetti, Guilio. Delegate of Governors-Marchese. 8-23-9; #0991-B. "SAGI".
97. Salerno, Francesco. Bishop. Prefect Atti. Eccles., 5-4-62; #0437-1. "SAFRA." An Israeli bank is named Safra. .
98. Santangelo, Francesco. Substitute General of Defense. Legal Counsel 11-12-70; #32-096. "FRASA."
99. Santini, Pietro. Vice Official of the Vicar. 8-23-64; #326-11. "SAPI."
100. Savorelli, Fernanda. 1-14-69; 004-51. "SAFE."
101. Savorelli, Renzo. 6-12-65; #34-692. "RESA."
102. Scanagatta, Gaetano. Sacred Congregation of the Clergy. Member of the Commission of Pompei and Loreto. 9-23-71; #42-023. "GASCA."
103. Schasching, Giovanni. 3-18-85; #6374-23. "GISCHA." "GESUITA."
104. Schierano, Mario. Titular Bishop of Acrida. Chief Military Chaplain of the Italian Armed Forces. 7-3-59; #14-3641. "MASCHI."
105. Semproni, Domenico. Tribunal of the Vicarate of the Vatican. 4-16-60; #00-12. "DOSE."
106. Sensi, Giuseppe Mario. Titular Archbishop of Sardi. Papal Nuncio to Portugal. 11-02-67; 18911-47. "GIMASE."
107. Sposito, Luigi. Pontifical Commission for the Archives of the Church in Italy. Head administrator of the Apostolic Seat of the Vatican.
108. Suenens, Leo Cardinal. Protector of the Church of St. Peter in Chains outside Rome. Promotes Protestant Pentecostalism (Charismatics). Destroyed many Church Dogmas when he worked in 3 Sacred Congregations: 1) Propagation of the Faith; 2) Rites and Ceremonies in the Liturgy; 3) Seminaries. 6-15-67; #21-64. "LESU."
109. Trabalzini, Dino. Bishop of Rieti. Auxiliary Bishop of Southern Rome. 2-6-65; #61-956. "TRADI."
110. Travia, Antonio. Titular Archbishop of Termini Imerese. Head of Catholic schools. 9-15-67; #16-141. "ATRA."
111. Trocchi, Vittorio. Secretary for Catholic Laity in Consistory of the Vatican State Consultations. 7-12-62; #3-896. "TROVI."
112. Tucci, Roberto. Director General of Vatican Radio. 6-21-57; #42-58. "TURO."
113. Turoldo, David. 6-9-67; #191-44. "DATU."
114. Vale, Georgio. Priest Official of Rome Diocese. 2-21-71; 21-328. "VAGI."
115. Vergari, Piero. Head protocol Officer of the Vatican Office Apostolic Signatura. 12-14-70; #3241-6."PIVE."
116. Villot, Jean Ca.rdinal. Secretary of State. Camerlengo (Rules Church when Pope dead). Refused to have autopsy of Pope John Paul I. Villot, Benelli, and Casaroli ruled Church from 1972-1978 while Pope Paul VI was kept drugged in a Vatican apartment while an Italian actor appeared in his place at public ceremonies. Any documents issued from Vatican and Cardinals created 1972-1978 are all invalid. "JEANNI.", "ZURIGO."
117. Zanini, Lino. Titular Archbishop of Adrianopoli. Apostolic Nuncio. Member of the Revered Fabric of St. Peter's Basilica.
THE FOLLOWING CLERGY WERE EXPOSED AFTER THE ABOVE LIST WAS COMPILED.
118. Fregi, Francesco Egisto. 2-14-63; #1435-87.
119. Tirelli, Sotiro. 5-16-63; #1257-9. "TIRSO."
120. Cresti, Osvaldo. 5-22-63; #1853-6. "CRESO."
121. Rotardi, Tito. 8-13-63; #1865-34. "TROTA."
122. Orbasi, Igino. 9-17-73; #1326-97. "ORBI."
123. Drusilla, Italia. 10-12-63; #1653-2. "DRUSI."
124. Ratosi, Tito. 11-22-63; #1542-74. "TRATO."
125. Costa, Sante. 11-17-63; #1254-65. "CROSTAS."
Number 31 on the list of Masons, Cardinal Agostino Casaroli held the highest
position in the Church next to the Pope as Secretariat of State. He died in
THE SILENCE OF THE SHEPHERDS.
Based on Michael Chapman's Remnant Article.
Many "Catholic" members of Congress are Catholic in name only. Catholics vote for them thinking they are Catholic but these Catholic politicians might as well be Jews as they oppose everything the Catholic Church teaches. They support abortion, birth control, homosexuality, embryo experimentation and oppose aid to Faith based organizations and parochial schools.
As a result, these public leaders engage in objectively mortally sinful behavior which if not confessed will lead them to Hell upon their death. They also spread scandal and confusion, which hurts the faithful and the Church.
And yet America's bishops largely are silent. Most do nothing as error spreads. A bishop rarely rebukes a Catholic public figure who is spreading error and poisoning young souls. Thus, it is not unfair to say that by their silence many U.S. bishops help foster scandal, false teachings and sin.
The bishops, as a group, may issue a letter (usually under Vatican pressure) calling Catholic politicians to task. But such letters are rare. Many people don't read them. And prelates and priests do not read them in public or from the pulpit in church, where the faithful need to hear it.
When did you hear Cardinal Bernard Law, for instance, publicly chastise Sen.. Edward Kennedy (D-Mass.) for his public support for abortion and contraception? Never! And Edward Cardinal Egan, when he headed the Diocese of Bridgeport, Conn., did he ever publicly--and firmly and clearly-- condemn the pro-abortion and anti-Catholic positions of Sen. Christopher Dodd (D-Conn.)? Never! .Does Egan, now Archbishop of New York, say anything in public about the pro-abortion and pro-homosexual actions of New York Mayor Rudolph Giuliani? Never! Or has Archbishop Theodore McCarrick, Archbishop of Washington, publicly called on any pro-abortion Catholic member of Congress to mend his ways, go to confession, and practice the Faith, lest he risk losing his immortal soul? Never! McCarrick is silent.
The unchallenged errors of pro-abortion Catholic politicians may influence clergy and laity alike. It may lead one to conclude, for example, that "if the bishop says nothing about Congressman X's pro-contraception views, then they must be all right." Or, "why should I not practice birth control? My Catholic senator supports it, and he's a good friend of my bishop. He even receives Communion from my bishop. Evil may indeed triumph when good men do nothing. It is a bishop's job and that of his priests to ensure that the Truth is taught and error condemned
Critics complain that Pope Pius XII did not do enough to save the Jews during World War II. He did not speak out enough, they say. He did not publicly condemn the criminals in charge in Berlin, claim critics. Yet today, America's bishops do little--if anything--to publicly condemn the criminals in Washington who support abortion. They stand by while Catholic politicians continue to vote for pro-abortion laws. They are silent as, the trains chug along to the abortion mills. All the while, pro-abortion Catholic abortions provide the funding and the "legal" sanction to keep the abortion trains running to Auschwitz and to keep the abortion "showers" operating. More than forty million babies killed since Roe v. Wade in 1973---an American holocaust. Do the bishops say enough? In enduring the public silence of today's Catholic shepherds, who can criticize Pope Pius XII?
"American Catholics must be committed to the defense of life in all its stages and in every condition," says Pope John Paul II. "Abortion and euthanasia are thus crimes which no human law can claim to legitimize. There is no obligation in conscience to obey such laws; instead there is a grave and clear obligation to oppose them by conscientious objection...."We must obey God rather than men" (Acts 5:29)... In case of an intrinsically unjust law, such as a law permitting abortion or euthanasia, it is never licit to obey it, or to take part in a propaganda campaign in favor of such a law or vote for it."
2271 of the Catechism of the Catholic Church states "..Abortion and infanticide are abominable crimes. Formal cooperation in an abortion constitutes a grave offense. The Church attaches the canonical penalty of excommunication to this crime against human life." Those who assist in the procurement of an abortion, financially or morally, and even those who only "believe" that abortion is licit are as objectively guilty as the person who has the abortion. As a result, they also are automatically excommunicated--in the objective order.
Thus, it is fair to say that every pro-abortion Catholic in Congress is objectively guilty of a "moral evil" and has objectively been excommunicated. In a rare moment of clarity, the U.S. bishops said in a 1998 letter: "Catholic public officials who disregard Church teaching on the inviolability of the human person indirectly collude in the taking of innocent life....
We urge those Catholic officials who choose to depart from Church teaching on the inviolability of human life in their public life to consider the consequences for their own spiritual well-being, as well as the scandal they risk by leading others into serious sin. We call on them to reflect on the grave contradiction of assuming public roles and presenting themselves as credible Catholics when their actions on fundamental issues of human life are not in agreement with Church teaching. No public official, especially one claiming to be a faithful and serious Catholic, can responsibly advocate for or actively support direct attacks on innocent life." (Living the Gospel of Life: A Challenge to American Catholics).
Thirty U.S. bishops voted against the document and three abstained. Three opponents of the document were Bishop Howard Hubbard of Albany, N.Y., Rembert Weakland, Archbishop of Milwaukee, Wisconsin and Thomas Gumbleton, Auxiliary Bishop of Detroit.
The document did not name any pro-abortion Catholic politicians. The laity were not told the names of the politicians directly responsible for the state-sanctioned killing of children. Nor was one pro-abortion Catholic public leader chastised by name in the letter or told that he was de facto excommunicated.
EXCOMMUNICATED CATHOLIC MEMBERS OF THE U.S. CONGRESS-2000 A.D.
These congressmen from 1995 to 1999 voted in favor of various pro-abortion and pro-abortifacient birth-control laws as well as related laws concerning the funding of research for abortifacients birth-control programs abroad. Many of these congressmen also have defended abortion publicly over the years. Sources: National Right to Life Committee (NRLC Congressional Scorecard), January 2000)..
Rep. John Baldacci (D-Maine).
Rep. Thomas Barrett (D-Wis.)
Rep. Xavier Becerra (D-Calif.)
Sen. Joseph Biden (D-Del)
Rep. Brian Bilbray (R-Calif.)
Rep. Sherwood Boehlert (R-NY)
Rep. David Bonior (D-Mich)
Rep. Robert Brady (D-PA)
Rep. Tom Campbell (R-CA)
Rep. Michael Capuano (D-Mass.)
Rep. William Clay (D-MO)
Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine)
Rep. William Coyne (D-PA)
Rep. Joseph Crowley (D-NY)
Sen. Tom Daschle (D-SD)
Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-OR)
Rep. William Delahunt (D-Mass)
Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn)
Rep. John Dingell (D-Mich)
Sen. Richard Durbin (D-Illinois)
Sen. Chris Dodd (D-Conn)
Rep. Anna Eshoo (D-Calif)
Rep. Lane Evans (D-Illinois)
Rep. Mark Foley (R-Florida)
Rep. Charles Gonzalez (D-Texas)
Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-Illinois)
Sen Tom Harkin (D-Iowa)
Rep. Maurice Hinchey (D-NY)
Rep. Reuben Hinojosa (D-TX)
Rep. Marcy Kaptur (D-Ohio)
Rep. Joseph Kennedy (D-Mass)
Rep. Patrick Kennedy (D-Rhode Island)
Sen. Edward Kennedy (D-Mass)
Sen John Kerry (D-Mass)
Rep. Jerry Kleczka (D-Wis)
Rep. Nicholas Lampson (D-Texas)
Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-La)
Rep. John Larson (D-Conn)
Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-Vt)
Rep. Bill Luther (D-Minnesota)
Rep. James Maloney (D-Conn)
Rep. Edward Markey (D-Mass)
Rep. Matthew Martinez (D-Calif)
Rep. James McGovern (D-Mass)
Rep. Cynthia McKinney (D-Georgia)
Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY)
Rep. Karen McCarthy (D-Mo)
Sen. Barbara Mikulski (D-Md)
Rep. Tom Miller (D-Calif)
Sen. Carol Mosely-Braun (D-Illinois)
Rep. James Moran (D-Virginia)
Rep. Connie Morella (R-Md)
Sen. Daniel Moynihan (D-NY)
Rep. Marty Meehan (D-Mass)
Rep. Robert Menendez (D-NJ)
Rep. George Miller (D-Calif)
Sen. Patty Murray (D-Wash)
Rep. Grace Napolitano (D-Calif)
Rep. Richard Neal (D-Mass)
Rep. David Obey (D-Wisconsin)
Rep. Ed Pastor (D-Ariz)
Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.)
Rep. William Pascrell (D-NJ)
Rep. Frank Pallone (D-NJ)
Rep. Ed Pastor (D-Arizona)
Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY)
Rep. Silvestre Reyes (D-Texas)
Rep. Ciro Rodriguez (D-Texas)
Rep. Loretta Sanchez (D-Calif)
Rep Pat Schroeder (D-Colorado)
Rep. Jose Serrano (D-NY)
Rep. Ellen Tauscher (D-Calif)
Rep. Bruce Vento (D-Minnesota)
Rep. Peter Visclosky (D-Indiana)
A few on this list are no longer in Congress but are still excommunicated unless they take steps to have the excommunication lifted. Only a bishop can lift the excommunication.
Conversion of Russia Update.
Putin Silences Last Independent Media Outlet in Russia.
On July 7, 2001 Alice Lagnado, Moscow correspondent for the London Times reported that Vladimir Putin has "heralded a return to the authoritarianism of the Cold War era when he finally succeeded in silencing the last independent voice in the nation's national media."
Lagnado was referring to the Ekho Moskvy radio station, which she describes as "a lone voice of dissent from the state controlled Russian media." The silencing was accomplished using the same techniques of "debt collection" used to silence NTV, the last independent TV network in Russia. The "debt collection" was conducted by Gazprom,"the powerful Kremlin backed gas monopoly" which seems to have its fingers in all the major Russian media. Gazprom was allowed to seize control of the station after a Moscow court conveniently ruled that it could acquire more shares in the station than it already had, giving Gazprom total control.
Russia Arming Iran and Libya.
Russian deputy Defense Minister Mikhail Dmitriev said Moscow had completed weapons agreements with other countries including Libya and Iran. He said he expects the agreements to be signed soon by both countries.
Russian Orthodox Warn of Break with Constantinople.
VATICAN, Jul 3,01 (CWN)--A spokesman for the Patriarchate of Moscow has indicated that ecumenical dialogue with the Catholic Church is continuing, despite disagreements over the papal visit to Ukraine. However, he warned that the Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople is bringing the Orthodox world to the brink of "a schism" identical to that of 1054.
Father Nikolai Balashov, the chief ecumenical-affairs officer for the Russian Orthodox Church, said that the tensions within the Orthodox ranks stem from the situation in Ukraine, where three different groups are contending for authority. The Moscow Pariarchate claims that only one of these groups is authentic, while the other two are schismatic. But the Patriarchate of Constantinople is now entertaining representatives of the two other groups, who are planning to merge and hoping to gain recognition from Constantinople as the independent Ukrainian Orthodox Church. The reunion of the Orthodox Church with Rome will begin in Ukraine so this is a very significant move to have Patriarch Filaret in a larger Orthodox body as he wants reunion with Rome.
If Constantinople does recognize an Orthodox Church in Ukraine, independent of Moscow, that move would have "grave consequences, not only for Ukraine but for the universal Church," Father Balashov said. He warned that the move would cause "a break in relations between Moscow and Constantinople and a grave crisis for the Orthodox world."
Father Balashov said that the Pope's trip to Ukraine had strained relations with Moscow, but ecumenical dialogue would continue. By greeting the Orthodox Patriarch Filaret of Kiev who is not recognized by Moscow, Pope John Paul had"widened the chasm that divides us," the Russian priest said. Nevertheless, he added, "the dialogue is too important, for everyone concerned" to be halted "despite the cooling of these last few days." Patriarch Filaret wants reunion with Rome and prays for it every day, he said.
Putin Backs Papal Visit to Moscow.
MOSCOW, Jul. 18, 01 (CWN)--Putin said that the Pope's visits to Eastern European countries such as Ukraine have been "positive developments." He said that he hoped the Pontiff would soon come to Moscow.
Russian Orthodox Pressure Estonia to Recognize Church.
MOSCOW, Aug. 9, 01 (CWN)-Russian Orthodox Patriarch Aleksei II is pressing the prime minister of Estonia to grant legal recognition to Orthodox bishops in Estonia who remain aligned with his Moscow Patriarchate. To date, the only Orthodox body officially recognized by the government is the Estonian Orthodox Church, which broke from Moscow and became independent in 1996.
Estonia's Prime Minister Mart Laar has indicated that his government cannot register the "Estonian Orthodox Church of the Moscow Patriarchate," because that body could be confused with the "Estonian Apostolic Orthodox Church," which has held legal status since 1993, before breaking from the Russian orbit. The Estonian government would prefer to register the Moscow-aligned churches as dioceses of the "Russian Orthodox Church in Estonia,"
The Patriarch of Constantinople who is first among equals of all Orthodox prelates has recognized the Estonian Orthodox Church which has caused another rift with the Russian Patriarch, Aleksei II who seems to be angry at everyone these days as his empire crumbles. Aleksei II is from Estonia.
EWTN Finally Permitted in Canada.
OTTAWA, Jul. 17,01 (CWN)- After years of wrangling with federal regulators in Canada, the Catholic satellite television station, Eternal Word Television Network (EWTN), has finally received approval to be broadcast in Canada.
The Canada Radio-Television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) released its decision allowing EWTN. The CRTC had turned down the Catholic station in previous years, while allowing the Playboy channel and other pornographic fare.
Previous decisions against EWTN were based on not allowing "single-faith" programming. That decision changed with a larger market of channels available and the assurance that there would be a "single-faith" Canadian channel available.
Cable companies will need to include the channel as a choice that is not part of the regular lineup that the customer specifically requests. The permission is not permanent but services are not pulled out with cause. The CRTC does not want Canadians exposed to single faith programming unless specifically requested. It is hard to believe that the Government is run by Catholics in a nation over half Catholic.
Pope's trip to Astan and Yerevan, Sept 22-27.
The Pope will fly from Rome to Astana, the capital of Kazakhstan on September 22 arriving Sat. evening.
Tuesday morning he will leave for Yerevan, Armenia arriving in the afternoon. Thursday evening he will return to Rome at 8:45 after a 4 hour flight.
Kazakhstan has 16 million people of whom 2% are Catholic, 44% Orthodox and 47% Muslim.
Armenia has 3.5 million people of whom 4% are Catholic. The Holy See enjoys extremely close relations with the Armenian Apostolic Church and the Pope's visit is seen as an important opportunity for forging still stronger ecumenical ties.
British Royal Leaves Throne Line To Become Catholic
LONDON, Aug.20, 01 (CWN)- The younger son of the Duke and Duchess of Kent forfeited his 25th place in line to the throne of England by leaving the Church of England.
Lord Nicholas Windsor, 31, followed in the footsteps of his mother who became Catholic in 1994. According to the 1701 Act of Settlement, no Catholic can become monarch and no one can remain in the line of succession if he marries or becomes a Catholic. Windsor's brother and uncle both lost their rights to succession when they married Catholics.
The Act of Succession has become controversial in Britain recently because many Catholics consider it to be discriminatory and offensive. Some officials in the Church of England and the Labor Party have said they would welcome a change to the law.
Catholic Patriarch Meets Romanian Orthodox, Catholics.
VATICAN, Aug 22, 01 (CWN) Patriarch Ignace Moussa Daoud, the prefect of the Vatican's Congregation for Eastern Churches visited Romania holding meetings with bishops of the Orthodox and Catholic churches.
Relations between the Orthodox and Catholic churches in Romania have improved considerably since the visit to that country by Pope John Paul II in 1999. In fact, the Pope's visit there helped to create a warmer climate which followed subsequent papal visits to such predominantly Orthodox lands as Greece and Ukraine.
FIDELIS ET VERUS
First issue September 1985 A.D.
Children of Mary
Domestic- 10 issues-$10.00
Foreign and Canada
Single copy price
Check your label to determine when your subscription expires or has
already expired. This is issue 56. EX0056 means that your subscription expires
with issue 56 which is this issue. BX0799 means you are not a subscriber but
last bought a book in July 1999. EXB079 means your subscription expires with
issue 79 and you have bought a book at some time during your subscription.
Mailing Address for donations, books, subscriptions, comments:
Children of Mary
PO Box 350333
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33335-0333 USA
Telephone or fax 1-954-467-0272
E-mail: [email protected]
Website of 1,500 Catholic books:
We accept credit cards: Mastercard, Visa, Discover/Novus and American Express.
We accept debit cards.
Children of Mary Need Your Help!
We received 7 one hundred dollar donations in August and one donation of $1,328.60. Income has mostly ceased after August 15. Our credit card balances are $5,234.82 and are near their limits as only $344.64 credit is available. Book bills total $821.30. Federal taxes owed are $744.85 with interest and penalties accruing each month. Book orders are few and infrequent at present. We have 3 ten page book catalogs of mainly conspiracy books plus some small Catholic publishers and one 46 page book catalog of mostly Tan books.
This issue will be mailed to a few at a time as income comes in from this mailing. Next July 2002 the editor will probably be able to receive SSI which would add $435 a month to our income which will help a lot. As you receive this issue, we hope to look in Orlando and St. Petersburg for cheaper apartments. Thank you all for your sixteen years of support! Silvio Cardinal Oddi has died in Italy at age 92. He was a supporter of Fidelis et Verus since 1985.
Talks between the Society of Saint Pius X and Cardinal Castrillon Hoyos, President of the Ecclesia Dei Commission broke down on May 7, 2001. Cardinals divided on initiative so Pope will not intervene.
TWO NEW BOOKS
The Problem of the Liturgical Reform
$9.95. 130 pages, 5.5 x 8.5. Three parts: the New Mass breaks the liturgical tradition of the Church; secondly, this break proceeds from a new theology of basics such as sin and Redemption; thirdly, this new theology is condemned by Catholic doctrine.
Is Feeneyism Catholic? Fr. Francois Laisney. $8.95. 5.5 x 8.5, 128 pages. Do only water baptized Catholics go to Heaven? What about baptism of desire or baptism of blood? Some cannot accept baptism of desire because they confuse the grace of baptism which is necessary for salvation with the character of baptism which is not necessary for salvation. $3 shipping for each order of books.
We received a 4 page essay on the Virtue and Character of Mary Roses Ferron written in February 1944 and printed in The Grail. She was the Stigmatist from Woonsocket, Rhode Island, detailed in a recent issue of Fidelis et Verus. Notify Fidelis et Verus if you want a copy.
Marian Scapular Apostolate
Green and Brown Scapulars
Contact: Richard Costa
1402 6th Avenue; Schenectady, NY 12303-2038
The Blessed Virgin Mary said that there are four must read books. Bible translated prior to 1965 $35, Imitation of Christ $6.50, True Devotion to Mary $8.00 and The Mystical City of God, 4 volumes by Blessed Mary of Agreda, $50.00. Recommended by sixteen Popes and priceless information with secrets of Heaven and Earth. Shipping $3 per order. Order from: Children of Mary; PO Box 350333; Ft Lauderdale, FL 33335-0333.Tel/fax 1-954-467-0272, all major credit cards, checks or money orders in US dollars,. cash of any nation at current exchange rate. Our website has the last 10 issues of Fidelis et Verus plus 1,500 Catholic and conspiracy books forbidden by the authorities as they are not politically correct. http://catholicbook.com
Return to home page.